Become a Kinship or Foster Carer
KICS is a partnership with Kummara Association and Infinity Community Solutions Ltd.
KICS Kinship and Foster Care aims to have Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children placed in the care of their extended family or with members of their community. Where it is in their best interest, children and young people are reunited with their families as soon as possible.
Kinship and Foster care at KICS is about:
- Ensuring Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people have a positive and nurturing family life experience that will support their cultural, social and emotional development.
- Providing a culturally safe home for children who cannot live with their birth families.
- Maintaining the child or young persons’ connections with their families and communities.
- Recognising and maintaining the child or young persons’ Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity and place in the community.
To help our kinship and foster carers provide the best care possible, we provide:
- Extensive training
- 24-hour caseworker support
- Support visits
When it comes to foster care, it is not a one size fits all approach, and we encourage people from different backgrounds, experiences and family types to consider becoming a foster carer.
Our Service operates in Moreton Region, Queensland. If you are interested but from another area, please contact and we will assist you to connect with a service in your area.